Monday, August 04, 2008

Listen


Coming home from my brother's wedding, I came across a photograph in a magazine. It was so simple - a spiral shell laying on a background of white. Under the picture, in black, was the word LISTEN. Stuck by its beauty and poignancy, I drew the picture into my journal. It reminded me of how children, when they see a shell, know to stop, hold their breath and listen.

LISTEN. It is not easy to do.

LISTEN. When my world seems overwhelmed by noise and activity.

LISTEN. When my mind seems filled with even more uproar and clamor.

LISTEN. When I feel the need to tell "my side of the story".

LISTEN. Beyond the words that are being spoken.

LISTEN. Choose moments of waiting instead of efficiency.

LISTEN. For His voice.

"Speak, Lord, for Thy servant is listening...."

No comments: